Sunday, June 1, 2008

Changing your point of view can change your world...

So this past weekend (and before i went and got completely wasted every day of it) I staffed at WOW doing sound. For those of you who just thought I just used the anocrym "Whip E'm Out Wednesdays" or the ever addicting fantasy game "World Of Warcraft", you can rest assure knowing that i'm not talking about either one of them . The WOW (Women's One World) that I am affliated with is a theater that is the oldest, continuosly active working woman and trans theater in the country. It's run as an anarchy collective and people join by coming to a weekly meeting on Tuesdays and build up sweat equity so that one day they can run their own production, caberet, play etc completely on thier own without one's approval.


It's a cool concept and I have been a part of this theater for over a year now. Some members have been there for years, and many more join on a weekly basis through word of mouth. It is the extra special venue where i co-produce my monthly queer burlesque show called HyperGender Burlesque. It's a place where as an performing artist, I can thrive.


For the past three weeks, my amazing friend/producer/choreographer Ami weaved a wonderful collection of what i can only describe as poetry in motion. It was a multi-media production that married spoken word, dance, music in this incredible lithurgical arrangment. Chaos Sex Machina is the name of the production and is it truly a sensual yet incredibly moving force that really leaves you thinking afterwards. On some days it left me horny.....


After the dance portion of the show, there is an intermission followed by the "feature performer" of the evening. Magina, Our Lady Of Perpetual PMS, Lady C, Penny Pollak, Jonathan Ames, Fritz Donnelly and Courtney Weber have all lended there talents from jello wrestling matches to performance art.


and then there came the raffle....


On the first day of raffle, my true love brought to me...a vagina cast of a woman masturbating with a clit ring...



On the second day of raffle, my true love brought to me...a vagina print from artist Lady C (Abby)




I could have gone for a vibrator on the third day to complete the collection, but I think two vagina's is enough....or is it? hmmm I'm astonished that I even thought a thought like that to be honest.


The important part of what I'm writing here other than winning vagina's is that from day 2 of the raffle to day 3, I did something that I have wanted to do for the longest time. I changed my perspective. On day 2, I looked a bit something like this:



On day 3 I went from the above mentioned photo...to this



That's right folks, N here pulled a Britney Spears!


Because my look changed so drasticially, I wondered if my penchant for getting laid would as well. Would I be still considered "hot"? Would I still get hit on? Would I never be looked at again and have my life reduced to compulsive masturbation? I felt that it was important to go out and experiment to see what would happen and I decided that my best bet was to go to one of the hottest lesbian parties in Brooklyn called Choice Cunts.


I arrived past midnight and there was already a line out the door. Williamsburg is certainly a place that has no shortage of places to go party at or places of interest. I finially get in, pay my cover and head to the bar as quickly as possible. This vagina has had a rough week and was in need of drink or 5. So I drink, mingle with friends and eyed the raised platform/stage, waiting for my jack and coke to be consumed as quickly as my body can take it. Jack was definately my friend that evening.


Many girls eyed me, and i caught a few of them checking me out. I definately had an edge last night that I have never experienced before. All my friends who popped in an out throughout the night kept on saying that i looked "Fierce", which in lesbian terminology...is like a version of hot only reserved for a select few. My experiment was getting off to great start.


I noticed that my abilities to woo the same sex had not changed, but that they angle of which I was perceived did. More people had the freedom in their minds to touch my head, therefore adding an element of touch more prevelant into my flirting ways and into my life in general. Even while dancing (very dirty with some girls) later on, they would come, dance by me and touch me, much more than they would when I had pink hair. Now one could say that maybe they didn't want to touch my hair because they didn't was pink stains of their hands, and I wouldn't argue that, but shaved heads, especially when they look good on the person, adds a whole new element. People look at you differently, they see you as someone who has balls and does what they want regardless of what we are told we should look like. They see someone who is fun, free-spirted, and sexy. It is a double standard that a man shaving his head is more acceptable in society than a woman doing it....and I kinda like that...one huge slap in the face to society...one step for my pussy to soar.


0 comments:

 
The Vagina Adventures © 2007 Template feito por Áurea R.C.